Subject: Upper bound for arrays/array q's
From: Mark Langston <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1993 11:09:03 +0200

Hi, everyone.
    Well, I've been enjoying archiving all my Amiga-E mail since I've been here in
Germany.  Unfortunately, I'm really itching to get back home and do some programming
on my new 1200 (which I've only been able to play with for three weeks, because I
had to come here to work.  Grr!)
    I did have a few questions for those on the list, however...I think I asked them
a long time ago, but I don't think I ever got an answer.  So, here goes again.

  a)  What is the largest array that E can handle?
  b)  Is there any way to use multidimensional arrays?
  c)  What is the upper bound (memory-wise) for arrays?

  The first question is just one of the highest number an array can use.  The
second one can probably be solved by defining an object.  The third question
addresses the issue of how much memory can be allotted to the creation of an array,
given that it may be typed as an object of my own creation.

  I really like the idea of people posting code to the list, as examples of how to
perform certain things.  I have been collecting these, and when I get home, perhaps
I could put them all together and send them to Wouter or something.  Is there anyone
out there who feels like actually generating short example code?  (e.g., reading an
entire text into memory, then assigning each word to an array, or various linked-
list applications, etc. etc...basically short (less than 10 lines) code
demonstrating how to do various things in E.))

Thanks,

Mark Langston
(usually [email-masked], but lately [email-masked], at least
 until the end of August)